In Language Arts class we were told to write a comic about one of our wisdom tales.  A wisdom tale is a story with a moral or a lesson and  it can be a fable, myth, etc . These stories helped expose me to different countries and their stories. 

The last few months we had been reading lots of wisdom tales, summarizing them and giving their morals. My wisdom tale was Fire, Water, Truth and Falsehood. My wisdom tale was about all four elements going to get cattle and how falsehood turned everybody against everybody until it was only him and truth left at the top of the mountain. He and truth battled until wind decided, wind said, “Falsehood is very powerful but can only rule when truth has stopped struggling to be heard.” The moral of this story is always speak your truth. I chose this story to do for a comic because I thought this tale was very interesting, complex and clever. I also thought it would be easier to draw then some of the other wisdom tales. Drawing does not come easily to me and I was nervous because I had to draw a comic, but I learned some tips and tricks to help me along the way.

Before we started out comics we had a artist named Brittain Peck come in and give us some tips about our comics. One of his tips was to use simple shapes. This helped me because it showed how much I could draw with just a few shapes. I used Sketchbook to draw my pictures and definitely recommend  Sketchbook if you’re drawing online.

Overall, this unit was awesome and I learned so many morals from so many different stories around the world!